To assist in building your case after a pedestrian accident, you or a companion should take these steps if you are able:
• Report the accident – Phone 911 to request assistance from police and/or an ambulance.
• Get medical help – Even if you do not need emergency assistance, see a doctor as soon as possible. You may have injuries, including head and brain injuries, that are worse than your initial symptoms indicate. Seeing a doctor also documents the fact that you were injured.
• Document the accident – Get photos of the accident scene, the car and driver who hit you, your injuries and torn clothing, and anything else that helps to illustrate what happened, such as pictures of the pedestrian crossing sign or other traffic signs, with the crash location in the photo.
• Get witness information – Record the name, address, driver’s license number, and insurance information from the driver who hit you, and the name, phone number, and address of every witness to the accident.
• Save receipts and records – Create a file and save copies of every record related to the crash, including medical records and receipts, receipts for medication, the police accident report, photos, your torn and bloody clothing (unwashed), etc. Save everything.
• Be careful of insurers – Report the accident to your insurer. The insurance company may contact you quickly with a settlement offer. It is likely to be too little and you should decline it unless an experienced accident attorney has reviewed it and advises you to accept. Refuse to sign any document from an insurance company; you could be signing away your right to compensation you deserve.
After a pedestrian accident in Las Vegas, we can help you obtain the evidence necessary to support a personal injury or wrongful death claim. We can conduct an independent investigation of the accident and help you document the full extent of your injuries so that you have a strong case for the compensation you are due.
With documented evidence of the driver’s negligence and your loss, we will be ready to negotiate with insurance companies or fight them in court on your behalf.
Turn to the Vegas Auto Injury Lawyers for Help with Your Pedestrian Accident
If you’ve been involved in accident in Las Vegas, let our firm help you with your pedestrian accident claim and ensure that you don’t have to face the insurance companies on your own.
Our Las Vegas pedestrian accident attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, property damage, lost income, pain, suffering, and more.